Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Working Area - Beginning

So you need a place to build this silly plane. My "Cozy Factory" will be my garage. I promised a "warts and all" view of the build process, so here's your first proverbial wart - the absolute disaster area of the garage before its transformation begins:

Yep it's dark and the lighting is bad. The wife's car lives in the garage (mine doesn't) and will for as long as possible. There's lots of clutter leftover from moving and carting kids around - and yeah, I have too many bikes.
A closer look. Yep, I've got lots of cleaning to do, not to mention the addition of storage of all kinds for the necessary stuff for this project.
 A different perspective on the mess / future working area. Spare bottles from my homebrewing operation seem to be a significant issue. Perhaps filling them up and drinking them will help with the build process? You can see the cut-out space at the back of the garage which adds a couple feet to the thing. It's not a whole lot, but I figure it'll be very helpful. As I get things organized I'll actually post how the theoretical layout will work. There's enough room that I can put a 4x12' work table laterally across the garage and still have just enough room to fit the car in (not sure it'll really work that way... I can magically pull the car out to work on stuff).

So there's the beginning state of this project - a nice mess. It just means I'll build goodwill at the beginning by cleaning the house right?


No comments:

Post a Comment